What is Ozow
Electronic funds transfer (EFT) is the electronic transfer of money from one bank account to another, either within a single financial institution or across multiple institutions, through computer-based systems and without the direct intervention of bank staff.
How does Ozow work?
- Select Ozow as your payment option during checkout
- Select your bank from the list presented
- Login to the Ozow portal using your internet banking credentials
- Select an account to pay from (If you only have one account, it will be automatically selected for you and this step will be skipped)
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Your bank will send you a form of payment authentication either by means of SMS, USSD Push message or In-App
- Once you have successfully authourised your payment, the transaction is marked as complete
- Ozow sends notification to the seller on the outcome of the transaction and inturn, the seller will process your order immediately. There is no need to send through a proof of payment and no need to wait for the funds to reflect in the seller’s bank account.
Which banks are supported by Ozow?
Currently we can process Instant EFT when shoppers have accounts with South Africa’s six major banks in South Africa: ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank, Capitec and Investec.
How safe is it using Ozow?
When making use of the Ozow service, the communication between you and your bank occurs as it normally would therefore the security of your bank’s internet banking is inherited.
Ozow guarantees the highest levels of security when paying online
Ozow has a Thawte EV SSL encryption certificate which gives our payment processing service an extremely high level of security
This ensures that all messages travelling between your browser and Ozow are encrypted
Ozow acts as a proxy between the buyer and the bank to facilitate a faster, safer and easier payment process for both the buyer and the seller
Your online banking login details are NOT stored by Ozow